Trying To Be Green

Our generation is so lucky to have access to information we need because of media and internet and because of it, we are able to learn what's happening to our planet. Do you know that a plastic water bottle's lifespan is 450 years? That's four... hundred... fifty! Climate change is real and it's happening so as a person responsible for this planet, I am trying my best to be mindful on the things I should and should not do for the Earth.

Since I work in an environment where disposable materials are here and there (plus being a pescetarian), I decided to buy my own container and cutlery so 1) I can bring my own cooked food and 2) to lessen the usage of disposable cups and spoons and forks. Even though my company has already stopped using plastic spoons and forks and is already using a set made of cornstarch, I believe it will still be helpful if I have my own set to reduce our waste. 

(I bought these products a long time ago so I barely remember the price)

Every time I go out and buy milk tea or iced coffee, I get so guilty when using plastic straws so most of the time, I won't ask for a straw anymore especially if it's just iced coffee. Because of it, I bought a stainless steel straw set at work to reduce using plastic straws.


I also have a tumbler (not shown in the photos above) so I don't have to use disposable cups at work or buy plastic water bottle when I'm outside. Plus I don't have to worry about getting dehydrated anytime!

Another eco-friendly thing that I do is when I do grocery shopping, I bring an eco-bag and tell the vendors in the wet market to not use plastic bags for my vegetables. It makes me feel so bad whenever I forget to bring an eco-bag. I should always remind myself to bring eco-bag anywhere!

I know all these stuff that I do are just little things but I always believe that if everyone has the same mindset as mine then we can save the Earth. It takes a little effort but it's definitely worth it.

How about you? What are the things that you do for Mother Earth? I'd love to hear from you!




Comments